Welcome!

A place to explore the method to my madness.

Monday, December 1, 2014

1 Day Assignment

Assignment Parameters:

Choose a current event from the news or a website & create a 5x5 vignette design to illustrate it. There must be a sense of environment and and a flat graphic shape to offset the illustration. Check out this really awesome article on DeviantArt: link.

Current Event:

The release of the new Jurassic World trailer

Progress:

Reference Image

Line art drawing. At this point I have been working for about 2 hours.

 Here is a closeup of what I'm doing. A lot, if not all of my work is very clean lined and meticulously shaped and shaded. For this one, I wanted to push myself to see if I could work in a different way to get a different effect. Ultimately, the illustration will only be 5x5 inches so all this scratchy looking line work will not be as noticeable, but it may give a nice subtle effect to the finished piece.

More progress.... maybe about 5-7 hours here.

More progress... I've lost all track of time.

 Slowly going insane.....
Line art for my raptor is done!

The next step is to do all the rest....
And after what feels like forever and a half, here is my final 5x5 spot illustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment